The Sun Seeker Fat Tad CX is the most fun you’ll have this low to the ground, off-road. This bad boy is equipped with front and rear suspension, chromoly frame, plus 4-inch wide off-road tires! The Fat Tad will handle sand and gravel like no other trike out there. Shifting is smooth with SRAM drivetrain components and 3x8 gearing while reliable, all-weather braking is provided by the Promax mechanical disc brake up front. Other features include an aluminum seat frame, air-mesh padded seat, and provisions to mount four water bottle cages.
- X-Seam range: 37 – 50.5 inches
The perfect recumbent starts by measuring which bike best fits your body and needs. The following information is provided to help guide on measuring your X-Seam. For more detailed information and to learn how to make the necessary recumbent bicycle adjustments, please refer to your Sun Seeker Owner’s Manual or visit your authorized Sun Seeker bike dealer.
You will need a tape measure and a board that is approximately 30" to 48” long (an
ironing board will work).
1. Place one end of the board on the floor, then put the entire board flush against any wall.
2. Pull the bottom of the board 14 to 16” out away from the wall. This should simulate a comfortable reclined
position similar to what you would have when driving a car.
3. Pull your butt tightly against the bottom of the board (by holding the board steady in its position with your
hands, while gently scooting your butt against the board).
4. Extend your legs straight out (no bending of the knees), and point your toes straight up towards the ceiling. (It will be necessary to remove your shoes for this step.)
5. Now take the measurement from the base of the reclined board to the bottom of your shoeless heel.
VIOLA! You now have your “X-Seam” measurement, which will determine if you will fit your desired SUN SEEKER model recumbent.
Hint #1 – You can place a book at the base of your heel before you have straightened out your legs, then once your legs are straight, you can get up and make take the measurement from the board’s base to the point that your heel left the book.
Hint #2 – You may want to repeat the measuring process from start to finish, to insure that your “X-Seam” measurement is correct, if only for peace of mind.
|Frame||Tig Welded Chromoly with Rear Coil Over Suspension|
|Fork||High Tensile Steel with Integrated Suspension|
|Headset||Sealed Mechanism Steel|
|Rims/Wheels||20x54mm 36h Fat Bike Alloy|
|Hubs||Front: Alloy TadpoleRear: Alloy 190mm Fat Bike Q/R|
|Spokes||14g. Stainless Steel|
|Tires||20×4.0 Fat Bike Knobby|
|Crankset||Triple Alloy 170mm|
|Bottom Bracket||Height: 20" – 21 1/2" (51-55cm)|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||11-34, 8 Speed|
|Handlebars||Chromoly w/ Bottle Braze-ons|
|Brake Levers||Promax Allow w/Lock|
|Brakes||Front: Promax Mechanical Disc|
|Saddle||Alloy Frame 1pc – Padded/Mesh w/ Bottle Braze-ons, w/ Rans Style seat slide|
|Accessories & Extras||Ground Clearance: 10" (25cm), Weight limit: 300lbs.|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Black/Bright Red||888571019139||670241|