Avoid the extra baggage fees while still fully experiencing adventures by bike when you travel. The Ritchey Break-Away road frame is a full-size bike that can be split apart to fit into its own special travel case that's basically the same size as a normal checked bag at the airport.
The Break-Away Road frame is made from Ritchey heat-treated CrMo butted steel tubing and includes a Ritchey WCS Carbon Fork and headset. Aside from its fantastic ride performance, the magic of this bike is in its patented locking compression system, which adds only 100 grams to the weight of the bike. The downtube is split near the bottom bracket and is fastened together with a simple locking ring. A double seatpost clamp up top secures the frame there. This system is strong and completely reliable—you'll never know you're riding a bike that you can split in half and pack in its own bag in less than twenty minutes.
Case, padding, cable disconnects and couplers also included in Frame Kit.
- Patented Ritchey Break-Away design
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing—TIG welded
- Ultra-light forged and machined straight 1-1/8" headtube
- WCS headset included (upper IS42/28.6 - 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)
- Standard Quick Release front and rear
- 27.2mm seat tube with integrated seat collar (max torque setting: 6Nm)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 28.6mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) - not included
- Bottom bracket: 68mm - English threaded
- Crankset min/max ring size: 46/30t to 53/39t
- External cable routing
- Bottle mounts: 2
|Frame||Heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing, TIG welded / 700 x 30c tire clearance (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)|
|Fork||Ritchey WCS Carbon Road Fork / 1-1/8" straight steerer|
|Headset||WCS (upper IS42/28.6 - 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)|
Front: 100mm x QR
Rear: 130mm x QR
|Brake Compatibility||Road Caliper|
* Subject to change without notice.