$50 - PRE REGISTER ONLINE COMING SOON thru Fridy June 21 - $50
Day of Registration $60 -- Saturday, June 22 (7:00 to 8:00 AM)
Roll out: 8:00AM
Where: Riders leave from West Bikes at 8:00 AM
What: All cyclists are welcome to join the Pedal for Alzheimer's team!
On Saturday June 22, 2019, people around the world (including 19 teams in the East Tennessee area) will participate in The Longest Day®, a day dedicated to all those affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Whether it’s choosing a favorite activity, hosting an event or joining a team, participants will ignite a global conversation about Alzheimer's disease, the brain, and other dementia's as part of Alzheimer's & Brain Awareness Month® in June.
Join West Bikes is our effort to show love to those affected by Alzheimer's disease. Have fun riding with pro cyclist's in town for the USA National Cycling Championships and other friends doing what we love to help end Alzheimer's. and is grateful to be part of this noble effort. Pictures on route and lunch is included. Donations accepted.
Contact Fares@WestBikes directly for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use subject "Longest Ride"
Key facts about Alzheimer’s include:
- Worldwide, there are an estimated 47 million people living with Alzheimer's and other dementia's. Nationwide, there are 5.7 million Americans currently living with Alzheimer’s. By2050, this number is projected to rise to nearly 14 million in the United States alone.
- Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States
- 1 in 3 seniors will die with Alzheimer’s or another dementia. The disease kills more than breast cancer and prostate cancer combined.
- In Tennessee, there are an estimated 110,000 people living with Alzheimer’s.
- 16.1 million Americans provide unpaid care for people with Alzheimer’s or other dementia's.These caregivers provided an estimated 18.4 billion hours of care valued at over $232 billion.
- This year, Alzheimer’s and other dementia's will cost the nation $277 billion. By 2050, these costs could rise as high as $1.1 trillion.
- Every 65 seconds, someone in the United States develops the disease.
To start or join a team, host an event, register as an individual, or to learn more about The Longest Day visit alz.org/thelongestday or facebook.com/fightalz.
About the Alzheimer’s Association®
The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, supportand research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research,to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia throughthe promotion of brain health. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer’s. Visit alz.org or call 800.272.3900.
About Pedal for Alzheimer’s
Pedal for Alzheimer’s, Ltd. is a 501c3 non-profit charitable platform committed to organizing cycling events to raise money, create awareness, and provide education towards the mission of finding a cure for Alzheimer’s. Visit pedalforalzheimers.org for more information. Follow the Pedal for Alzheimer’s team on Social Media @PedalForAlz.